Friday, October 3, 2014

Mr. and Mrs. Corn



Need a good couple's costume idea?

Well, here's a little flashback Friday for you. This was a fun one that I threw together a couple years ago.  I was Candy Corn and Nick was Pop Corn. Hence, Mr. and Mrs. Corn. This was a very easy costume to make.

For my candy corn dress, I used a white shirt that I didn't wear anymore and sewed a strip of orange and a strip of yellow fabric to the white shirt. It was totally imperfect, but it worked. I also wrapped a party hat in white, orange and yellow construction paper to top it off.

For Nick's popcorn costume, I just used two pieces of poster board and connected them with string so one hung in the front and one in the back. I cut red strips of construction paper to glue onto the poster board, cut the top to look like a popcorn bag, and then crumpled up yellow construction paper to look like popcorn to hang out of the top. In case anyone wasn't sure about what he was, I cut out the letters  for the word popcorn to glue to the front.

Easy as can be!

And for fun, here's a picture of all our costumes that particular year.
Go get creative!




No comments:

Post a Comment