Thursday, October 23, 2014

Glitter Pumpkins

These glitter pumpkins are fun, easy and cheap to make. I made some mistakes along the way that I am sure you are all too smart to make yourself. But, just in case your brain works like mine, I'll share a couple tips for avoiding those same mistakes for yourself. I did two different kinds of pumpkins. Some I wanted to be candles, and others I just wanted to be glittered on their own.  If you don't plan on turning your pumpkin into a candle, that's easy. Just spray the pumpkin with spray adhesive on one surface, then transfer to a different surface and dump glitter onto the pumpkin. I did not transfer my pumpkin to a different surface the first time, so I have a very glittery manila folder now where all that glitter stuck to the spray adhesive.

If you want to make your pumpkins into candles, use whatever candle you plan on placing inside to measure how big of a circle you are going to cut on the top of your pumpkin. I would recommend cutting the top off and scooping out the insides of the pumpkin before you glitter.  I glittered first, then ended up having to re-glitter, because all the glitter came off in the process of cutting and scooping. No big deal. So, cut first, then place the top of the pumpkin back in place, spray with adhesive, and glitter away. Pop your candle inside and light that sucker up. Cheap Fall decor!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment